Join the CHBC Journal Club!
This student-only club convenes bi-weekly on Mondays at 3-4pm to discuss literature relevant to health behaviour change & knowledge translation. Attendees can join virtually or in person in Upper Campus Health room 105b (Community Engagement Room).
Meeting dates spring 2022:
- March 14: Morgan, R., George, A., Ssali, S., Hawkins, K., Molyneux, S., & Theobald, S. (2016). How to do (or not to do)…gender analysis in health systems research. Health Policy and Planning, 31(8), 1069-1078. https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czw037
- March 28: Kornbluh, M. (2015). Combatting challenges to establishing trustworthiness in qualitative research. Qualitative Research in Psychology,12(4), 397-414. https://doi.org/10.1080/14780887.2015.1021941
- April 11: Nixon, S. (2019). The coin model of privilege and critical ally ship: Implications for health. BMC Public Health, 19, 1637. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-7884-9
- April 25: Schuitmaker, T. J. (2012). Identifying and unravelling persistent problems. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 79, 1021-1031. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2011.11.008
- May 9: Farmer, N., Gordon, T., Middleton, K. R., Brooks, A. T., & Wallen, G. R. (2022). Reigniting Dr. Martin Luther King’s call to action: The role of the behavioural scientist in the movement for social justice and racial equity. Translational Behavioural Medicine, 12(1), 105-111. https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibab108
For more information or the meeting Zoom link, please contact Sarah Lawrason.